Sound Testing

ADE Sound Testing

What is Approved Document E?

In 2003 the Building Regulations introduced Approved Document E (ADE 2003) sound testing which required that sound insulation tests are carried out on 10% of all new attached homes, conversions or rooms for residential purposes. Developers now need to provide Building Control with a certificate that the sound insulation requirement for the dwelling has been met.

Can you undertake my Sound Test?

Sure! Soundguard Acoustics Ltd is an accredited sound testing company covering the UK. Approved Doc E (2003) requires that sound testing bodies are either UKAS accredited or registered with the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC). Soundguard Acoustics Ltd holds Full Member status with the ANC for sound insulation testing & can provide design advice at the early stages of your project through to final Approved Document E sound insulation testing.

Are you a local sound tester?

Isn’t it annoying when you phone a ‘local’ number only to discover the company is based the other end of the UK. When dealing with us you know we are based in Bideford, Devon, no pretend offices or non-geographical numbers, a Devon based business for South West clients. We consider our testing area as Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and South Wales. Although we do cover the UK for larger projects and are always happy to quote on any project at any distance.

Sounds good, what now?

Contact us today on 01237 478142 and make everything sound just right.


Share this articleShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someone

ADE Sound Testing Portfolio